The month of February 2011 I decided to run a month long blogging series dedicated to Black’s in Technology. I decided to showcase a host of African American inventors. The Idea came from a friend of mine Wayne Sutton who runs SocialWayne.com he came up with an idea a couple of years ago for 28daysofdiversity.com. Well following in his footsteps I decided to copy his idea, but with different flair. I decided that most African American’s don’t get the opportunity to be highlighted in our everyday lives, but they are just as important as any Inventor.
I thought about doing this last year but for what ever the reason I didn’t do it, and I wanted to jump on this opportunity for 2011. I will say that it’s easy to blog about something that your passionate about, but when it comes to a blogging series, and no less about people who may have passed away and your research is limited, that’s a different story. Your writing from stories all over the internet some factual and some fake, you can’t get the word from the horses mouth so to say. It takes some time to get your information togeather, you need to approach the task as an overall achievement up front.
Here are a couple of my tips for how to address a month long series in blogging, or just a series in blogging over all.
- Creating the concept is easy, but you must be ready to write it down, even if it’s not going to make it to publish (your ideas are important, don’t loose them because you thought it was not important)
- Come up with the number of post or days up front, this helps you know how many post you will be publishing, and your not brainstorming every night looking to add more and more post that will drag your series out.
- Have your days mapped out, so you know who your going to talk about and on what day (This does not mean you have to write all your information up front) You do need to know who’s coming next so you can be prepared
- If your doing research and it seems your not getting anywhere, make sure to use the advance search capabilities of Google (I know other search engines exsist, but this one just seems to give me what I want the way I want it) i.e. images, blogs, video, and more.
- I just wanted to give a couple of tips for how to create a series in blogging on a topic or subject.
I hope my tips are helpful I know there are other sources that have probably put out information like this, add that to your list of current reads on “Creating a blogging series”